Being author writers:
Throughout the term we will enjoy reading, learning and re-telling stories. We will develop our skills in these areas:
- writing sentences with capital letters and full stops
- leaving finger spaces between words
- hearing and recording all of the sounds within words
- forming all of our letters correctly and sitting them on the line.
Our first text of the term will be 'Peace at Last' by Jill Murphy.
As well as continuing to consolidate and expand our number skills we are going to be focusing on:
- addition and subtraction within 20
- place value within 20 and within 50
- counting in multiples of 2, 5 and 10
'How does my city change?'
During this enquiry we will have the chance to be scientists and geographers as we will be focusing on the seasons and the weather. We will being zooming in on how our city changes through the seasons by looking at some timelapse photography and also take some time to learn how to document and present the weather in the role of weather reporters. Following this we will also take up our role as artists and look at Van Gogh's 'Starry Night' and recreate this painting using our knowledge of mark making using pastels.
'How do we move around?'
We will have the chance to be engineers in this enquiry to think about how we move and select a range of techniques to produce moving pictures through exploring and using different mechanisms. We will also take the chance to walk around our local area to gather ideas.