Throughout Term 5, we will be exploring a range of genres of writing. We will continue to develop our skills in these areas:
- Writing linked sentences with capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- Using capital letters for proper nouns
- Using conjunctions to extend sentences (and, but, because, or, that, when, if)
- Adding a range of suffixes including –ing, -ed, -er –est –ful –less –ness and -ment to words where the root word changes (for example ‘skipped, happily)
- Using contractions (can’t, won’t, wouldn’t, I’m)
- Proof-read and edit spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Joined handwriting
This term, we will be consolidating a range of calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. We will also be taking part in different investigations and applying our maths skills to help us solve problems.
Our topic this term is ‘The Great Fire of London’.
In History, we will be exploring events beyond living memory and learning about the life of a significant individual, Samuel Pepys.
In DT, we will be selecting from a wide range of ingredients to follow the cake recipe that is believed to have initiated The Great Fire of London.
In PSHE, we will be beginning our Jigsaw unit of ‘Relationships’.
In PE, we will be starting our games units. Children will be developing their throwing and catching skills as well as learning more about football, basketball and handball.
In Science, we will be thinking about living things and life cycles. We will be exploring the life cycles of frogs, caterpillars and chicks.