Our learning this term......
Our enquiries this term are ‘What else lives in my city?’ and ‘How are schools the same?’ These will help us develop our skills as scientists, artists, geographers. As scientists we will be learning about living things and their habitats, animals including humans. As artists we will be learning to use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share our ideas, experiences and imagination. As geographers we will be comparing two contrasting locations, using geographical vocabulary to describe human and physical features.
Throughout Term 6, we will be exploring letter writing to Year 3 and fiction writing linked to Roald Dahl. We will continue to develop our skills in these areas:
- Writing linked sentences with capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- Use conjunctions: and, but, so because, that, if, when to link our sentences.
- Using capital letters for proper nouns
- Using conjunctions to extend sentences (and, but, because, or, that, when, if)
- Adding a range of suffixes including –ing, -ed, -er –est –ful –less –ness and -ment to words where the root word changes (for example ‘skipped, happily)
- Using contractions (can’t, won’t, wouldn’t, I’m)
- Proof-read and edit spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Joined handwriting
This term we will be consolidating a range of calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. We will also be taking part in different investigations and applying our maths skills to help us solve problems.
Dates for Term 6
During week 1 we will write letters to Year 3 and will receive a response shortly after.
Tuesday 2nd July: sports for schools event
Monday 8th July: sports day (am for KS1)
Friday 12th July: Year 2 trip to cattle country
Monday 15th July: join Year 3 for playtime at Wicklea Academy
Tuesday 16th: 2.30pm Leavers assembly
Thursday 18th: 9.15 Leavers assembly.
Thursday 18th: 3.15 -6pm end of Year 2 pizza and disco celebration